9/10/09

Modern Life Sucks… Er… is Hard

The more things are supposed to be easy and convenient, the more they aren’t.

We pay bills online through the bank. We like the convenience, the low postage costs, and the time saved not writing checks.

It works great. Except when it doesn’t.

My trash didn’t get picked up this week. Why, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. I called the disposal company to ask that very question. They say my payment hasn’t arrived. The bank says they sent it.

The disposal company will gladly pick up my trash next week, if I pay them again. Pay them the money that already left my account.

The bill coupon specifies an address to send the payment to. The live person I talked to locally said to mail it direct to the local office.

Is it just me, or is there a problem here? And I’m the one with the stinky, backed up trash to prove it.

 

-------

Today I prayed for: Kim, Brittany’s family, McKenzie, Amber, Max Lucado, me.

Last book read: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Last movie: Mamma Mia!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie,
    Been there, done that, don't use direct bill-pay anymore. I write some checks, pay some things online with credit cards, but I will never again trust the bank to make the payment in a timely manner. In my case, it was a bank holiday that made a payment late. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anyway, you are not alone. (Although you're the only one with stinky trash.)

    ReplyDelete