2/18/10

Plugging Away

My quest for discipline and perseverance continues. I’ve spent two days cleaning up my laptop and desktop computers. Both run sluggishly, my internet connection is moody, and I’m easily frustrated when modern “conveniences” make my day harder instead of easier.

So I’ve moved a ton of stuff from both computers to my external hard drive and deleted it from the computer. Well, I’ve deleted some of it.

I can’t quite bring myself to get rid of pictures and audio files. I know they’re supposed to be safe on the external drive, but what if something happens to that drive? Then where will I be?

Isn’t that the way it is with us and God though? We say we’ve forgiven, or moved on, or whatever. We gave the issue/hurt/anger to God. But we just can’t seem to let go of it completely. We feel a need to hang on to it, just in case we need it someday.

When will I need anger? Hypocrisy? A critical spirit?

Uh… never?

It appears it’s time to do some other cleaning out, besides hard drives and closets.

-----------

Today I’m praying for Melanie, Jenny, and Marilyn.

Currently reading: Portuguese Irregular Verbs by Alexander McCall Smith

Last movie: Cinderella Man

No comments:

Post a Comment