3/5/13

Book Talk Tuesday: Becoming Fearless

I’ve sensed a theme forming for 2013. I keep crossing paths with books and speakers addressing the subject of Fear.

Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God

Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God crossed my path several months ago and I downloaded it to my Kindle. I finally read it and can see that indeed fear does keep me in my comfort zone.

Michelle Aguilar won the sixth season of The Biggest Loser. We watch the show and I remember Michelle in a general way but had forgotten many of her particulars until I read her book. She and mother were estranged but had reunited to be teammates on the show.

In Becoming Fearless Michelle tells the rest of the story. Why she and her mother had become distant and how Michelle masked that pain with food and her smile.

Michelle quoted her trainer Jillian Michaels: “Feel the fear. And do it anyway.” I heard Jillian herself say it on the February 11th episode of The Biggest Loser.

She has an compelling story that is told with honesty. I heartily recommend it, especially to anyone feeling held in place by fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment