5/8/12

Book Talk Tuesday: Somebody to Love

I used some birthday money and treated myself to several books.

I know: why did I buy more books when I have 103 in my To Be Read Kindle file and about 40 more stacked in my office.

The short answer: I wanted them.

The longer answer: They were by authors I love and I really, really wanted them.

I did make myself finish a couple others (like last week’s Wild by Cheryl Strayed) that were already in the queue.

Yesterday I read one of the new arrivals, Kristan Higgins’s latest, Somebody to Love.

I enjoy Kristan’s books for their humor and real characters.

Somebody to Love is no exception. And, in a new direction for the author, this book includes characters and a setting from previous books.

Parker Welles, Lucy’s rich best friend from The Next Best Thing, has just found out that her father raided her trust fund and has been indicted for insider trading by the SEC. She’s left with nothing except a house she inherited from a distant aunt.

Parker travels to Gideon’s Cove, Maine, home to Maggie Beaumont and Malone from Catch of the Day. While in Gideon’s Cove, Parker works to get the decrepit shack ready to go back on the market. Her father’s sycophant lawyer arrives to help.

All romance readers know how the story ends. The fun is in the getting there. Somebody to Love includes all the Kristan Higgins trademarks: quirky family members, a loveable dog, a to-die-for hero, and a spunky protagonist.

Lessons are learned, relationships are healed and a good time is had by all.

I loved it and highly recommend it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment