9/19/12

Tyranny of the Urgent

I often complain about how busy I am, but who’s to blame for that?

Yep.

Me.

I’ve had a very busy few weeks and I’m still trying to catch up. It takes me all week to get the weekend’s laundry, dishes, and detritus washed, dried, put away, or stored. I’m done just in time to start all over again.

In the meantime, I have a new story idea that’s been percolating and I’m ready to start it, but every week seems to be crammed so full of appointments that with travel time, I’m in town more than I’m home.

I’ve been tempted to tell everyone that I’ll be out of town for a couple of weeks and to stay home with the blinds downs and the lights off.

It would be much simpler to just group my appointments onto the same day. At least that would give me a day or two at home.

And there’s no time like the present.

Gotta go write.

No comments:

Post a Comment