It’s almost that time of year.
Time to evaluate how we did on last year’s goals and to think about what’s next.
In 2009 I planned to:
- Read 100 books
- Read a writing craft book each month
- Write 1000 words a day or edit for two hours
- Write a Charming Note 5 days a week. (See Making a Literary Life by Carolyn See)
- Establish my own blog on blogspot and leave my former host site
- Attend the Mt. Hermon and American Christian Fiction Writer’s conferences
- Work on having a judgmental/critical spirit
- I’m at 74 books read. If I really put it in high gear, I might get to 80
- I’ve read several craft books, but probably only 1 every couple of months
- I probably only did this half the days I had available
- Probably averaged 2-3 a week
- You’re here, aren’t you? Did it.
- Made it to Mt. Hermon but not to ACFW
- I think I’m better. Or maybe I’m delusional and I should work on returning to reality in 2010
For 2010 my goals are pretty much the same as 2009. I still want to read 100 books in one year. Since I started keeping track about five years ago, 80 is the most I’ve done. I believe that to live the life I want, I need to be more intentional. That means being disciplined to put my butt in the chair several hours a day. Calling the people I want to stay in contact with. Setting up times to have dinner with my kids or lunch with Mom instead of waiting until everyone shows up hungry at the same time.
Goals are good.
Today I prayed for: Nancy, Donald, and Tom.
Next on my TBR stack: The Lazarus Trap by Davis Bunn.
Last movie: The Tenth Circle, a made for TV movie based on the book by the same name by Jodi Picoult.