3/9/11

Woe! It’s Wednesday

 

“Find your passion.”

“Follow your bliss.”

“Love what you do, and do what you love.”

I’m blessed that, for the most part, I’ve been able to do what I love. I was able to stay home with my children and educate them. I worked off and on, full-time and part-time. Now I work from home and I truly enjoy what I do.

But I’ve worked jobs I hated. That I had to grit my teeth to get through the day. I’ve had supervisors belittle me. I’ve had customers yell profanities at me. I know what it’s like out there in the “real” world.

Even though I enjoy what I do now, there are aspects to this job that I dislike. Even one or two I despise. I’m not good at all of it, all of the time. But I plug away.

Because that’s what you do.

You don’t quit a job after a couple of months because it’s no longer “fun.” If it puts food on the table and a roof over your head, that means it’s fun enough.

I’m tired of hearing people whine about how their job isn’t fulfilling. Either make it better or move on. But don’t stand there and point fingers and blame others for your own dissatisfaction with life.

Don’t forget, lots of people would love to trade places with you.

Count your blessings. Name them one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment