2/7/12

Book Talk Tuesday

I broke a rule yesterday.

I went to a movie without reading the book first.

In my defense, I didn’t know there was a book to read.

The Descendants Poster

The credits said the movie is based on the novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings.

It’s a very good movie.

I went with more than a little trepidation.

Last year’s Up in the Air with Clooney was extolled as wonderful.

Meh.

There was no change in the character. He went back to doing the same thing. There was no growth, no lesson, no nothing.

I was afraid I’d be disappointed in The Descendants as well, but I wasn’t.

He did see things differently. He was changed at the end.

What a difference.

I don’t want to say much about it because everyone should see it from their own perspective of life and what makes a marriage and a family successful.

I will say George’s acting is better with every movie and he does a brilliant job in this. The young actress who plays his seventeen year old daughter, Shailene Woodley, is simply amazing.

Now to decide if I want to read the novel or if I should leave well enough alone.

Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment