2/29/12

Woe! It’s Wednesday: Woe Indeed. RIP Davy Jones

 

In a perfect convergence, I became a pre-teen and noticed boys at about the same time Davy Jones and the Monkees began recording.

It was love at first sight. For me, anyway. I was never able to meet him in person or send him my picture to see if our love could have been mutual.

Other heart throbs would come along.

David Cassidy

 

 

 

Bobby Sherman

 

 

 

Donny Osmond

 

 

But none could ever really take Davy’s place in my heart.

So, February 29, 2012 will be a day I’ll remember as the day Davy died.

Much like June 25, 2009 is for my children (the day Michael Jackson died), or February 3, 1959 (Buddy Holly) for my parents.

We all have an icon or image that epitomizes our youth. Who is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment