11/7/12

Woe! It’s Wednesday

We’re in the midst of a tough season. Literally and figuratively.

It’s November and still in the upper 70s to low 80s during the day. I don’t know what to wear.

One of our daughters is overwhelmed with stress. Things completely out of her hands keep throwing her hard balls. She’s ducking and catching but some of them are hitting her right in the head.

Stud muffin is counting down the days until his retirement. This will mean a change in lifestyle for us. He’ll be around even more than he is now. I’ve always made it a habit to stop what I’m doing and respond when he needs something, whether it’s pointing out the milk in the front of the refrigerator or holding the log while he runs a chain saw through it. That’s worked well for us. But when he’s here 24/7, I don’t think I do that and continue to do the things I need to do to write and run a home.

Our son-in-law is facing his second back surgery in a year and a half. Our daughter will be taking care of him as well as her toddler and second grader, while still working.

Good friends are experiencing health and family struggles and great loss.

The only constant right now is stress and change.

I’m trying to focus on the unchangeable.

God is in charge.

He knows what He’s doing.

And when I stress or worry I go back to those two things.

God is in charge and He knows what He’s doing.

Repeat after me:

God is in charge and He knows what He’s doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment