1/9/09

In It Together 1.2

Today I'm praying for Iris, the Taylor family, and Dad.

I had dinner recently at an acquaintance's home. It's on a golf course, in an affluent neighborhood. She's lived there five or six months and she commented that she had yet to meet her neighbors.

A few days later I was in a poorer area of town and stopped for gas. The station was busy and the machine at the pump didn't want to read my card so I had to go inside. From the car to the store and back to the car was maybe twenty yards, round trip. Three people greeted me as I walked, entered, and returned. The door was held open both going in and exiting. No one was grumpy or aloof.

Could it be that those who have material treasures are also full of fears? And those whose blessings aren't in bankable form are freer with themselves, more able to greet strangers?

There was a feeling of camaraderie at the gas station that was missing at the golf course.

That's all I'm saying.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this too! Why in the world...? A great lesson to remember though, you know, for when we become super rich ;0

    ReplyDelete