4/19/09

Life in a Cast...

... is the pits.

At first, I looked for the silver lining, figuring I'd learn humility and patience, letting others take care of things for me, as well as take care of me.

Yeah. I'm over it.

I've spent 5+ weeks on the sidelines of life, watching others cook, clean, and drive.

Maybe because the pain isn't bad anymore, I'm ready to get up off the couch and do something. I cleaned a toilet last week. It felt good. I couldn't quite stretch to reach the whole bathroom mirror, but the bottom 2/3s of it was really clean.

Being pampered is awesome in small doses. At a spa. On your birthday. But in day to day life, I'd rather do it myself, thank you very much.

Praying for: Amy, Amber, Tom, Kristi, Columbine families 10 years after

Currently reading: Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell

Last movie: Whatever I said last

Last meal: Breakfast strata, fruit, coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment