1/11/10

If I was a Casting Director

At my local Sisters in Crime chapter, we sometimes talk about who we’d cast if Hollywood wanted to make a movie of our favorite books.

The one that always garners the most debate is Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum. I guess there’s been talk for years about bringing Stephanie’s exploits to the big screen and I’m not sure why it hasn’t happened. They are visual stories that unfold in my mind just like a movie.

I’ve decided that there really is only one choice to play Stephanie Plum.

Sandra Bullock

Some of my cohorts think Reese Witherspoon would be great. She would. But Sandra, I believe, has it all. The looks, the charm, the klutziness. I believe Sandy could blow up cars without trying.

Ranger: The Rock, Dwayne Johnson

Joe Morelli: This is the only one I can’t decide on for sure. Mark Wahlberg, maybe. Gerard Butler? Can Morelli be Irish/Italian? Jeffrey Dean Morgan? Yeah, I like that one.

Lula: Queen Latifah. I think she’d bring a sensitivity to a character who could be so over the top she’d become a caricature.

And there are opportunities for lots of other actors to have cameos. Can you see Candace Bergen as a shoplifter who skipped court because she had a spa day scheduled. And when Sandra, er, Stephanie shows up to haul her in, there’s an incident with the body wrap mud and… hmmm….. I think I need to use this myself. Never mind.

-----

Today, I’m praying for Billy Graham, Mel, and Dave.

Last move: Bride Wars – much better than I expected!

Currently reading: Inside Out by Larry Crabb

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE, I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN DWAYNE AS RANGER AND JEFF AS MORELLI. SANDRA IS A WONDERFUL CHOICE FOR STEPHANIE. NOT SURE HOW THEY CAN DO ALL THE BOOKS INTO ONE MOVIE THO. I THINK A WEEKLY TV SHOW WOULD BE BETTER.

    ReplyDelete