10/27/10

Woe! It’s Wednesday

I was going through some notes on my desk and I found a quote I’d written down from a Beth Moore video for her Believing God study.

Never argue with a Pharisee.

We can quibble about what makes a Pharisee, but I began to contemplate why it’s never a good idea to get sucked into an argument with some legalistic and presumptuous air bag.

And I got it.

Never argue with a Pharisee. You’ll both feel self-righteous and the Pharisee likes it.

Because you can’t change their mind and they are going to leave the discussion proud of the way they showed you all the data and the verses and the references and the citations to back up their opinion. They won’t hear one of your arguments, points, or references.

So it’s better to not even go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment