11/22/11

Book Talk Tuesday: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

 

I’ve been scrapbooking lately and for some reason, nothing I’m reading is appealing to me. When I’m not scrapbooking, playing Words With Friends, or Angry Birds, I just can’t bring myself to read right now. Which is very strange and unlike me. I think it must be that the scrapbooking is using the part of my brain that is normally reading. I don’t know, but it sounds good to me.

 

A favorite series when I was a child was Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. Then I shared the stories with my children. I recently purchased one for my grand-daughter. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle lives on!

In the first book, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is presented with problem children. One will never take a bath. Another pair of siblings fight and quarrel all day. There’s a picky eater. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle helps the parents solve the problems with common-sense solutions.

In the following books, she often has a “magic” potion to use. The results are what you’d expect if the problem and/or cure is taken to the extreme.

We’re big fans of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. I just found a TV series on hulu.com based on the books. Start with the books, though, before trying the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment