11/13/09

Reclaim PreDecember

So I was walking in the neighborhood at dusk last night and am still astounded at the sight: a neighbor had their Christmas tree up and a wreath and lights.

What happened to November? Thanksgiving? Gorging on turkey and pumpkin pie?

Christmas and all things associated are supposed to wait until Black Friday.

I know, Christmas stuff has been in Costco since August. And I’m a fan of shopping early and getting much of the craziness done early.

But that’s so I can enjoy December, enjoy putting up the lights and the decorations, and listening to carols and sacred music.

If we don’t stop it, November will disappear all together. We’ll go from Halloween to Christmas and Thanksgiving will be a hiccup.

Not in my house. I’m putting up some turkeys and pilgrims right now. Because I’m thankful for autumn and harvests and grape crushes and football games and Veterans and my brother’s birthday and my sister-in-law’s birthday and my grand-daughter’s daddy’s birthday and her other grandma’s birthday and NaNoWriMo and pumpkin spice lattes and All Saints Day and … well, you get the idea.

November lovers unite! Reclaim PreDecember and let it take it’s rightful place after October!

-------------

Today I prayed for: John Madden, Amber, and Marilyn

Last movie: Rabbit-Proof Fence

Currently reading: Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk

No comments:

Post a Comment