6/29/10

Book Talk Tuesday

I always have a stack of books waiting to be read. About once a year I go through it and weed out the ones that have been a long while, figuring I’m not going to get to them.

I’ve found some new favorite authors by plucking out a book in the stack.

coben Harlan Coben. I had never heard of him until Tell No One burrowed out of the stack. I fell in love with his writing and now I’m even going back and reading his early stuff.

I met Mr. Coben at a conference a few years ago and was shameless in my attempt to get a picture taken with him. He laughed at me because I handed my camera to Ridley Pearson and asked him to take the picture.

 robb J. D. Robb is Nora Roberts’ pseudonym for her mystery series. I knew Roberts as a romance writer and so took my time picking up a Lt. Eve Dallas book. They are wonderful! They’re set in the near future, in a crowded New York City.

Mysteries and other genre books are sometimes disdained by literary snobs. But they are great stories well told. And isn’t that the point?

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment