2/6/13

Woe! It’s Wednesday: New Seasons

I’m writing this about ten days before it will post.

Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, when it posts, I’ll be in Oregon visiting the Portland area.

I’ve never been north of California and I’m so excited, I can hardly stand it.

I have a story that I’ve been working on for several years. I tried to set this story and the characters in a place I was familiar with. Fresno. San Francisco. Somewhere in California, at least.

They refused. They live in Portland and that’s all there is to it. I’ll get to see the coffee shop where Cricket goes for her daily cup. I’ll see the warehouse where she witnessed the murder that sent her into the Witness Security Program. I’ll see Powell’s City of Books. It’s not in my story, but I know it’s a must stop for every bibliophile who passes through. Which will include me in a week or so!

I’m also working on not getting my hopes set too high. I know it’s an iffy time of year and weather could deter or delay us or necessitate a change in plans and itinerary.

So it’s a high wire balancing act of excitement, tempered by realism. As our day of departure nears though, the excitement is winning.

See you in a week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment