8/7/12

Book Talk Tuesday: Knit With Love

Knit With Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter’s Heart delivers exactly what it promises.

Knit with Love by Lisa Bogart

Lisa Bogart is an avid knitter and lover of people and both passions show in her words and stories. Her newest book is full of heartwarming ideas and stories. You don’t have to be a knitter to appreciate her wisdom though.

Each chapter begins with a knitting definition and Lisa carries that theme to show how knitting is more than a hobby. It forges relationships. It warms the cold. Comforts the hurting. Relaxes the stressed.

I met Lisa three years ago at the Mount Hermon Christian Writer’s Conference in California. We were strangers assigned to room together. It was the year I had a broken ankle. Lisa was an angel. She was exactly what I needed in a roommate. She helped when I needed help. She was quiet and non-hovering when I needed to sulk in my pain. She was chatty and full of fun when I needed my spirits lifted. (Mt. Hermon is a hilly campus and not easy to navigate on a knee scooter.)

When I got to our room, Lisa had already checked in but wasn’t in the room. She had left some yarn and needles on her bed. I hadn’t knit in probably twenty years, but I knew she was someone I’d get along with. I was right.

I picked up my needles again after meeting Lisa. It’s like riding a bike. I picked it up like it had been a weeks instead of decades.

This book will inspire and encourage you, no matter your hobby. You’ll wonder how you can use your pastime to edify and encourage others. It’s full of resources and ideas. It’s not just for knitters.

By the way, the following year Lisa was the one on a knee scooter and in an ankle cast. Although we weren’t roommates again, I knew very well how to offer help and how to pray for both Lisa and her roomie. Because in life, like in knitting and love, what goes around, comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment