10/31/12

Woe! It’s Wednesday: It’s the Little Things

 

If only I could Photoshop out the dust …

little things

This is a picture of some little mementos that I keep in front of my monitor.

  • A little zebra that a friend brought back from a mission trip to Africa.
  • A tadpole to remind me that we’re all in process of becoming the person God wants us to be.
  • A rosebud that fell off a beautiful bookmark from a friend.
  • A stone heart that I purchased on a recent trip out of town with friends. To remind me to love at all times.
  • 2 pieces of beach glass to remind me of a special time away and that when I feel tossed around by life, it’s just smoothing off the rough jagged edges.

A few weeks ago for several mornings in a row, I found the zebra in the hallway outside the office. Then the heart disappeared. Someone was messing with my mementos. I blamed Stud Muffin for opening and closing the window above my desk too vigorously. I never said it out loud, but I figured that’s what happened.

Until I caught the culprit red-pawed:

Phuti

I don’t know if he liked the pretty colors or the heft of them against his batting paws.

I just know they kept him enthralled for hours.

I do the same thing. I allow myself to be distracted by pretty things. Time-wasting things. Unimportant things.

It’s been a week or so since the cat swiped anything off my desk. Maybe he’s outgrowing his need for aimless distractions.

I hope I am as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment